Serving the community for over 40 years...
Stimulus Package for Employers
Australian Government Stimulus Package for employers when hiring an apprentice.
As part of the Australian Government’s stimulus package to keep apprentices working and to stimulate our economy by hiring new apprentices, we can help your business to claim for the 50% wage subsidy assistance for apprentices and trainees.
Further support information regarding the Supporting Apprentices and Trainees and Boosting Apprenticeship Commencements initiatives can be found below.
Please note, we are able to assist businesses in QLD and WA. If you are from another State, please visit www.treasury.gov.au for more information.
50% Wage Subsidy Assistance for Employers of Apprentices & Trainees
- Wage subsidy of 50% of an apprentice’s or trainee’s wage
Employers reimbursed up to $21,000 per apprentice or trainee
- 3 monthly installments – up to $7,000 per quarter
- Boosting Apprenticeship Commencements initiative now extended to March 2022.
Employers can now register and submit a claim for the wage subsidy assistance, which is back-paid from January 1, 2020. If eligible, you will be able to claim up to $7000 a quarter for apprentices and trainees in 2019/20 and 2020/2021 financial years.
Eligibility Criteria Includes:
- Small businesses (including GTO host employers) employing less than 200 people
- Any occupation, any industry, any qualification, any AQF level, full-time, part-time and school-based
- Employer must provide evidence of paid wages
- Employers of any size (including GTOs) that re-engage an eligible out-of-trade apprentice or trainee are also eligible for the subsidy
- Registration and claim submissions are now open (starting 2 April 2020)
- Subsidy will be back-paid to 1 January 2020
- Payments will be made quarterly
If you are an employer and would like more information, fill out your details below and one of our team members will be in contact to discuss.
$1500 a fortnight JobKeeper Package and other Support
For information regarding the JobKeeper package for employers (which pays $1500 a fortnight for employees) and all other business, employee and job seeker support available visit the Treasury.gov.au website
Businesses will need to register for the Job Keeper package via the ATO website.
Further Assistance Available to Business
Under the Government’s Stimulus Package, further assistance for business includes:
- Cash flow assistance for small to medium sized businesses of up to $100,000 (minimum of $20,000).
- Temporary relief for financially distressed businesses.
- Increasing the instant asset write-off.
- A time limited 15 month investment incentive (through to 30 June 2021) to support economic growth
- $1 Billion assistance for regions and industries most affected by the Coronavirus outbreak.
You can keep up to date on the Government’s Economic Response to Coronavirus via The Treasury website – https://treasury.gov.au/coronavirus/businesses
Employer Stimulus Package Enquiry