Serving the community for over 40 years...
Stimulus Package for Employers
Australian wage subsidy Package for employers when hiring an apprentice.
As part of the Australian Government’s stimulus package to keep apprentices working and to stimulate our economy by hiring new apprentices, we can help your business to claim for the 50% wage subsidy assistance for apprentices and trainees.
Further support information regarding the wage subsidy scheme supporting Apprentices and Trainees and Boosting Apprenticeship Commencements initiatives can be found below.
Please note, for the Australian wage subsidy we are able to assist businesses in QLD and WA. If you are from another State, please visit www.treasury.gov.au for more information.
50% Wage Subsidy Assistance for Employers of Apprentices & Trainees
- Wage subsidy of 50% of an apprentice’s or trainee’s wage
Employers reimbursed up to $21,000 per apprentice or trainee
- 3 monthly installments – up to $7,000 per quarter
- Boosting Apprenticeship Commencements initiative now extended to March 2022.
Employers can now register and submit a claim for the apprenticeship wage subsidy scheme, which is back-paid from January 1, 2020. If eligible, you will be able to claim up to $7000 a quarter for apprentices and trainees in 2019/20 and 2020/2021 financial years.
Wage Subsidy Eligibility Criteria Includes:
- Small businesses (including GTO host employers) employing less than 200 people
- Any occupation, any industry, any qualification, any AQF level, full-time, part-time and school-based
- Employer must provide evidence of paid wages to receive the wage subsidy
- Employers of any size (including GTOs) that re-engage an eligible out-of-trade apprentice or trainee are also eligible for the subsidy
- Registration and claim submissions are now open (starting 2 April 2020)
- Apprentice Subsidy will be back-paid to 1 January 2020
- Payments will be made quarterly
If you are an employer and would like more information about the apprenticeship wage subsidy , fill out your details below and one of our team members will be in contact to discuss.
Wage Subsidy Scheme Enquiry